- 1 c. flour
- 2 t. cream of tartar
- 1 T. oil
- 7/8 c. water with a few drops of food coloring
- ½ c. salt
Combine all ingredients and stir over medium heat until mixture forms ball and leaves sides of pan. Pour onto waxed paper and knead until smooth. Keep in Ziploc bag. This Play Dough takes just minutes to make, has a super consistency and kids love working with it.
PLASTIC PLAY DOUGH
This dough will dry to a hard, plastic-like consistency. You can make beads, animals, paperweights, or any other treasure that you want to last.
- ¼ c white glue
- ¼ c water
- 10 drops food coloring of your choice
- ¼ c flour
- 1 c cornstarch
- Cover the work area with waxed paper or a plastic tablecloth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the glue, water, and food coloring.
- Mix the flour and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Then add to the wet mixture and mix until a stiff dough forms. (If you live in a humid climate, you may need to use less cornstarch.)
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface for 1 minute.
- Mold the dough into shapes. If the dough becomes too dry, wet your hands. When you are finished with your creation, let it finish air-drying until thoroughly dry and hard. Drying time varies according to the size and thickness of the object.